Le candidat doit parler couramment l'anglais.
West Island Network
This role exists to catalyze a network of churches collaboratingand engaged in neighbourhood kingdom transformation.
The West Island Network (WIN) is an initiative of Christian Direction Inc. (CDI),an urban Christian ministry that partners with congregations and social service agencies for the social and spiritual transformation of youth, families, and their communities. The WIN exists to connect and resource Christ-following churches to serve their communities.
The WIN Coordinator is an employee of Christian Direction and reports to the WIN leadership team, which is composed of representatives of designated West Island churches, and the CDI field supervisor. Evaluation and planning will be done with this leadership team.
Job Title – West Island Network Coordinator
Projected Starting Date – September 1, 2021
Week Schedule – 21 hours/week (3 days/week)
Salary – Commensurate with experience and according to CDI salary scale.
Location – Remote work is the norm with possible workspace available among partnering churches.
▪ Understand and articulate the mission and vision of the WIN.
▪ Understand and articulate Christian Direction’s vision, mission and approach to ministry.
▪ Act as a catalyst for partnering churches to advance God's mission in the West Island via the development and step‐by‐step implementation of specific initiatives.
▪ Raise funds from partnering churches, foundations, and individuals to cover the budget needs, including salaries and costs of initiatives.
▪ Maintain a detailed action plan and implement it on an ongoing basis. ▪ Assist in the development, recruitment, and onboarding of eventual summer staff or other part‐time employees.
Christian Direction & The West Island Network Job Posting, July 2021
Key Result Areas in the Network (in support of goals)
▪ Coordinate regular meetings with the group of partnering church pastors. ▪ Meet with Pastors/leaders of non‐partnered WI churches to share the vision of the WIN and encourage their involvement.
▪ Interface and cultivate relationships with key community stakeholders (individuals, faith‐based communities, institutions, community groups or community roundtables and committees, and the three levels of government).
▪ Represent WIN in partnering churches through personal visits (e.g. Sunday gatherings, workshops, AGM, mission meetings, etc.).
▪ Nurture long‐term network relationships between participating churches (e.g. annual prayer breakfast, CAITeam, other inter‐church opportunities). ▪ Ensure a quarterly newsletter is distributed to communicate the stories, challenges and achievements to partnering churches and donors.
▪ Implement a prayer focus for West Island churches to encourage a common posture of prayer for the city.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience required
▪ Strong Interpersonal Skills
▪ Communication & Public Speaking
▪ Proficient in English, conversational in French, and bilingual an asset ▪ Fundraising skills an asset
▪ University Graduate (or equivalent level of experience, comprehension, communication skills)
▪ Commitment to Christ and who affirms the Nicene Creed
▪ Committed to a life animated by the Spirit and spiritual disciplines (i.e. community, simplicity, and witness)
▪ Strong sense of vocation and integration of faith and work
▪ Team player and team builder, participating in the life and spirituality of the team
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.